Everyone benefits from yoga - in the workplace, mentally and physically. Yoga addresses some of the root causes of stress, calms and disciplines the mind and creates energy.
In the workplace
Work related stress is being increasingly recognised as a major cost to all types of businesses, by offering Yoga as a solution, employers are seen to be addressing some of the root causes of stress, as well as taking a personal interest in their personnel well being.
- 5 million workers (1 in 5 people) are thought to suffer from high levels of work related stress.
- 20% of people told the HSE that they consider their work very or extremely stressful.
- Stress is the 2nd biggest cause of employee sick absence days in the UK
- Stress accounts for 60% of the 6.5 million days lost in Britain each year
- According to the HSE, the cost of this to Britain's economy is around 6.7 million working days lost per year, costing society around £4 billion
- Calms and disciplines the mind
- Improves concentration and counter acts stress
- Gives control over emotions, particularly anger
- Can help with depression and SAD
- Promotes positive and happy attitude
- Creates energy
- Improves stamina, fitness and concentration
- Diminishes tension and teaches relaxation
- Improves posture and circulation
- Increases awareness of the body
- Beneficial for back pain